Remembering George Floyd
The Green Rainbow Party of Massachusetts is both aggrieved and appalled that such horrific acts by law enforcement, which amount to murder, are still a daily reality for Black Americans. The Green Rainbow Party of Massachusetts will redouble its efforts to both engage and serve the Black and Brown communities of the Commonwealth. Discussions have already begun on developing clear strategies and specific initiatives in this regard.
We support the statement and demands below from the Green Party of the U.S. National Black Caucus. Please join us in acting to fulfill these demands in Massachusetts, and to support the Green Platform on Social Justice, including reparations for people of African descent.
COVID19: Real Solutions for Our Current Crisis, New Possibilities for Our Future
Green-Rainbow Party Co-Chairs’ Statement
April 26, 2020
We are living in a time of escalating crisis: pandemic, environmental collapse, perpetual wars, and an economic and political system incapable of meeting the needs of the people. This shocking reality has been decades in the making.
The Democratic and Republican Parties long ago abandoned working people to serve the wealthy 1%. They cannot lead us to a better future.
We urgently need a government that leads by listening to those who are suffering the most, and understands we are all connected. For this to happen, local, state, and national officials must be independent of the corporate parties and oceans of ‘dark money,’ that continue to block positive system change.
What We Stand For: The Four Pillars of the GRP Movement
Green parties recognize four fundamental principles or pillars which support our 10 key values: Ecological Wisdom, Democratic Governance, Social Justice, and Non-Violence
- Ecological Wisdom - understanding that humans are part of nature, not separate from nature, and are limited by the resources of our communities and the planet--that everything is inter-connnected.
- Grassroots Democracy - managing our common affairs with the participation of all in the community in accordance with the nature of each, while working to assure the effectiveness of our institutions and to build the capacity of each person to play appropriate roles in the community.
- Social Justice and Equal Opportunity - working for a society in which all persons, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, religion, or physical or mental ability, will have the opportunity to benefit equally from the resources afforded us by society and the environment.
- Non-violence - promoting non-violent methods to oppose policies and practices with which we disagree and seeking to eliminate weapons and behaviors which can cause destruction of life on Earth.
If you share these values, please join us!
Want to make a difference? There are so many ways to get involved:
- Get involved with one of our local chapters.
- Serve with your nearest chapter or a working committee.
- Check out our working committees.
- Run for office, under the banner of the Green-Rainbow Party.
- Start a new local chapter, town committee or ward committee.