Administrator, Non-profit Organization (part-time)
Green-Rainbow Party (Massachusetts)
Due to its growth over the past year, the Green-Rainbow Party (GRP)is seeking a part-time Administrator to help manage its financial affairs and to provide assistance to its Administrative Committee. The GRP is a state level political organization that is the Massachusetts affiliate of the Green Party of the United States. Its mission is to work toward a peaceful, just green future through public education, policy advocacy, and running candidates for public office.
Description of Position
This position will involve up to 8 hours of work per week under contract to the Green-Rainbow Party. Principal ongoing responsibilities will involve support for the GRP Treasurer, but additional tasks may be assigned. Among expected tasks are:
• Assisting in the recording of donations received, checks written, and other bookkeeping tasks needed to meet requirements of the Office of Campaign and Political Finance (Commonwealth of Massachusetts) or the Federal Elections Commission.
• Assisting the Treasurer in preparation of financial reports for the Green-Rainbow Party.
• Assisting in general preparations for meetings such as quarterly State Committee meetings and the annual state convention.
• Purchasing of required party materials such as flyers, banners, buttons, etc.
• Assisting in the management of the GRP membership database and donor database.
Normally the work will be done in the employee's home or office and communicated via email or teleconference.
The desired qualifications for this position are:
• Experience with keeping financial records.
• Ability to understand and comply with government reporting requirements.
• Ability to manage own workload, set priorities, and ensure that tasks with deadlines are completed on time.
• Ability to quickly attain proficiency in standard software and online packages, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google services, and Nationbuilder.
• Ability to work productively with a widely distributed volunteer organization.
• Able to work from own home or office with adequate Internet connection.
• Ability to attend occasional face-to-face meetings (3-4 per year).
• Flexibility in taking on different types of tasks (within time limits).
• Desire to be a proactive, contributing member of the Green-Rainbow team.
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter addressing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may be sent to this address. Further information on the Green-Rainbow Party may be found at www.green-rainbow.org.