- short title: GRP T-Shirts
- Shirley Kressel, Mike Heichman
- floor manager: Shirley Kressel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- for consideration by Adcom, Fundraising Committee, ComCom, Membership & Diversity Comm, Local Chapters & Treasurer
We want to grow our party. We want our party to become more visible and respected for our work. We often go to events where organizations, who have members with T-Shirts, stand out in the crowd; even a small number indicate the presences of a larger organization. We need our own GRP T-Shirt.
- The Party will spend no more than $1,000 for our first order.
- The goal will be for the party to raise at least $500 for the t-shirts.
- We will ask our members, and invite supporters, to purchase the t-shirts at cost, and encourage those who can to make an additional contribution for our low-income active members who desire to have a t-shirt.
- Low income members who are active members of the State Party and/or local chapters will be asked to make a contribution for the t-shirts. However, no active member will be excluded from having a t-shirt because of income.
- Through our e-mail lists, we will recruit a special task force which will design a GRP T-Shirt and find a company or a group of creative people that will make our product
- This committee will make a recommendation to Adcom, who will approve the design and company.
- We will use our party's network (ComCom, Membership and Diversity Comm, Local Chapters, etc.) and encourage our members and general public to purchase and wear our t-shirts.
- Six months after the selling of the first t-shirt, we will seek feedback about the successes and failures of this investment.
The GRP will create our own t-shirts and encourage our members and supporters to purchase and wear them.
END OF PROPOSAL
Note added [NF]: The Green Party of the U.S. has recently started offering a T-shirt for sale through Wired For Change. A sample is shown here. https://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/175/shop/item.jsp?storefront_KEY=4&t=&store_item_KEY=821