Please enter proposals for 2020 Spring Statecom meeting below.
- March TBD 11:59 PM Proposals Deadline (four weeks before meeting).
- April TBD 09:00 AM: Comments and Vetting close
- April TBD 09:00 AM: Amendments Due
- April TBD 09:00 PM: Rankings Close
Please enter, below, your proposals, including
PROPOSAL HEADER AND PREAMBLE
- TITLE: [Provide a short, descriptive title for the proposal.]
- SPONSORS: [List the sponsors of the proposal. Proposals must be sponsored by two StateCom members or a local chapter.]
- VETTING COMMITTEES: [List the working committees that the sponsor feels are relevant to the vetting of this proposal.]
- FLOOR MANAGER: [List the name and contact information for one person who will manage the process for this proposal. This person will be the single point of contact for receiving comments on the proposal and providing decisions such as whether to accept a friendly amendment. They must be in attendance at the StateCom meeting when the proposal is under consideration.]
- SHEPHERD: List one person who will serve as “shepherd” to monitor the implementation of the proposal after it is adopted.
- SUMMARY: [Provide a short (40 word) summary of the purpose and implications of the proposal.]
- BACKGROUND: [Provide the basic background on the proposal. What will it accomplish? Why is it written with these particular provisions? Is it critical that it be adopted?]
- TEXT OF PROPOSAL: [Provide the exact text that will be implemented if StateCom adopts the proposal. If funds are being appropriated, specify that here. Note that text that appears elsewhere in the proposal will NOT be officially adopted when StateCom votes on the proposal.]
- IMPLEMENTATION: [List the persons or committees that must act to implement the proposal. What do they have to do and what are their deadlines for action? This helps StateCom assess whether the party has the staff and volunteer resources to implement the proposal. It also alerts those persons who will be asked to act if the proposal is adopted. ]]
- FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS: [Describe the impacts on GRP budgeting that are expected from this proposal. Estimate total expenses or income expected from adoption of the proposal. If this proposal will be funded through an item that it already in the GRP budget, so note. Note that any appropriation required by this proposal must be included in the TEXT OF PROPOSAL section.]
- REFERENCES AND ATTACHMENTS: [Provide references (with hyperlinks if possible) that assist StateCom in understanding and evaluating the proposal. Attach any additional explanatory information here as numbered attachment sections.]
Enter the Proposal Header and Preamble here:
Sponsor: John Blumenstiel
Vetting Committees: To Be: Membership/MDVC, Adcom
Floor Manager: John Blumenstiel
Shephard: John Blumenstiel
Summary: -The purpose of this line item is to provide funds to support local chapter participation in larger, major regional rallies/demonstrations/speak outs or teach-ins/concerts, etc.( to be determined by the local chapters involved). for informing the public about our party.
Background: Proposal text: Implementation: The following is a request from MDVR. It was inadvertently left out of the original MDEEVC request filed with StateCom. These funds are to be utilized at the local chapter's discretion and for the purpose of increasing statewide exposure to the MASS GRP. The notion would be to support 3 major events ( eastern Ma, central Ma and western Ma.) . In addition to the regional event(s) supported by these funds, it would be hoped that with sufficient advance planning and awareness throughout the state, that statewide members would plan to support the chosen events with their attendance and volunteer support for the local chapters.
-By state-level funding for local chapters, we act to reinforce the statewide nature of the party, hopefully to build increased communication among the chapters and statewide membership.
-By including these funds in a statewide, annual budget we enhance advanced planning for events and thus increase the potential of increased effectiveness. Financial Implications: $1,000 cost to be evenly distributed statewide. References and Attachments:
Sponsor/Shephard/Floor Manager: Brian Cady firstname.lastname@example.org 617-943-2853
Vetting Committees: To be: Finance and Fundraising Comm. Adcom
Summary: Annual budgeting should be guided by, and fundraising informed by, an annual plan of action, which should pursue agreed-upon, stated goals. Goals -> Plan -> Budget & Fundraising. Below are sketched a schedule of steps to annually build goals, a plan and a budget, and to guide fundraising.
1. Background: Proposed Process: Overview:
A. The elected Co-chairs select potential goals, and propose a plan to get there – They have been elected by the annual convention. and represent it, which gives them authority.
B. Fall Statecomm agrees to, or modifies, those goals.
C. Working committees and Chapters review the plan, in light of the goals, and suggest plan changes.
D. Then Adcom collects and assembles a revised plan, and return these to chapters and working committees.
E. Working Committees and Chapters use goals and plan to make working committee and Chapter budget proposals.
F. Then FinFundComm assembles the various budget proposals into an annual budget,
G. Adcom sequences budget-line items by priority into a prioritized proposed budget.
H. Winter Statecom addresses this proposed budget and passes a budget.
2. Text of proposal & Implementation: Protocol for Annual Goals, Plan, Fundraising and Budget – Proposed Schedule:
Early-Sept: Co-chairs proposes next year’s goals, & plan; prepare goals for Fall Statecom.
Mid-Sept: Statecom selects & approves annual goals. **Goals Done**.
Early-Oct: Adcom asks Working committees, local chapters to review, & comment on annual plan.
Late-Oct: Adcom revises, plan, returns to working committees. **Plan Done**.
Early-Nov: Working Comittees respond to revised goals & plan with Committee budgets.
Mid-Nov: Adcom receives plan and committee budgets, conveys budgets to FinFundComm.
Early Dec: FinFundcomm assembles, from Committee budgets, the next year’s budget.
Late-Dec: Adcom receives and reviews plan and budget, & sequences budget items by priority.
Early-Jan: 1st Statecom meeting of the year addresses the year’s plan and the year’s budget. **Budget Done**.
Mid-Jan: FinFundComm begins Spring Fundraising, with mailing/dialing.
Early-Feb: Donors receive Spring Fundraising Appeal mailing.
March: Donations/Pledges received. **Fundraising Done**.
Financial Implications: Vary by year, goals, plan, budget & fundraising success.