Join us to meet fellow Greens and for discussion and presentations on bringing a Green New Deal to Reading, Massachusetts and beyond. Topics include:
- Getting big money and developers out of politics in Reading and throughout Massachusetts.
- Implementing a Green New Deal for Massachusetts: a much faster transition to renewable energy, coupled with bringing economic and social justice for all.
- Overturning Citizens United.
- Ending corporate control of Massachusetts.
- Running for Town Government as a Green: Getting elected, and experiences on town boards.
- Stopping the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
There will also be an opportunity to elect any GRP members who want to run for GRP State Committee.
- Danny Factor, 2016 candidate for State Rep in the 14th Middlesex District (Concord & Acton), and 2014 GRP candidate for Secretary of the Commonwealth.
- Terra Friedrichs, independent candidate for State Senate, Middlesex & Worcester district, Pass Mass Amendment organizer, and former member, Acton Board of Selectmen.
- Tar Larner, GRP Elected Member of the Concord Housing Authority.
- Barbara Clancy, We the People MA and No TPP Boston
Reading GRP members will be voting in their Town Committee, and we are hoping to have a short phone conversation with Green Party Presidential candidate Jill Stein too, schedules permitting--stay tuned!
The meeting will be held in Loring 101. It's the building on Summer Ave, adjacent to the church located at the corner of Summer and Woburn.
To RSVP, or for information and to arrange a ride from the greater Acton/Concord/Marlborough area to Reading, please email [email protected], call 978-562-1378 or the form below.
Our regional convention is being held at a wheelchair accessible location. Please inform Barbara Clancy at the above email address or phone number if due to a disability you require accommodation to attend.
Cities and Towns
The Northeast region is made up of Amesbury, Andover, Beverly, Boxford, Danvers, Essex, Georgetown, Gloucester, Groveland, Hamilton, Haverhill, Ipswich, Lawrence, Lynn, Lynnfield, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Marblehead, Merrimac, Methuen, Middleton, Nahant, Newbury, Newburyport, North Andover, North Reading, Peabody, Reading, Rockport, Rowley, Salem, Salisbury, Saugus, Swampscott, Topsfield, Wakefield, Wenham, and West Newbury.
Convention Planning Committee
The convention was planned by the Assabet River Valley Chapter and the Reading Town Committee.
- March 12, 2016 at 2:00pm – 4pm
Unitarian Universalist Church of Reading
239 Woburn St
Reading, MA 01867
Google map and directions
- 1 person is going