Please enter proposals for 2020 Special Autumn Statecom meeting below
- October 8, 2020 11:59 PM Proposals Deadline (four weeks before meeting).
- November 2nd 09:00 AM: Comments and Vetting close
- November 3rd 09:00 AM: Amendments Due
- November 4th 09:00 PM: Rankings Close
Please enter, below, your proposals, including'
PROPOSAL HEADER AND PREAMBLE
- TITLE: [Provide a short, descriptive title for the proposal.]
- SPONSORS: [List the sponsors of the proposal. Proposals must be sponsored by two StateCom members or a local chapter.]
- VETTING COMMITTEES: [List the working committees that the sponsor feels are relevant to the vetting of this proposal.]
- FLOOR MANAGER: [List the name and contact information for one person who will manage the process for this proposal. This person will be the single point of contact for receiving comments on the proposal and providing decisions such as whether to accept a friendly amendment. They must be in attendance at the StateCom meeting when the proposal is under consideration.]
- SHEPHERD: List one person who will serve as “shepherd” to monitor the implementation of the proposal after it is adopted.
- SUMMARY: [Provide a short (40 word) summary of the purpose and implications of the proposal.]
- BACKGROUND: [Provide the basic background on the proposal. What will it accomplish? Why is it written with these particular provisions? Is it critical that it be adopted?]
- TEXT OF PROPOSAL: [Provide the exact text that will be implemented if StateCom adopts the proposal. If funds are being appropriated, specify that here. Note that text that appears elsewhere in the proposal will NOT be officially adopted when StateCom votes on the proposal.]
- IMPLEMENTATION: [List the persons or committees that must act to implement the proposal. What do they have to do and what are their deadlines for action? This helps StateCom assess whether the party has the staff and volunteer resources to implement the proposal. It also alerts those persons who will be asked to act if the proposal is adopted. ]]
- FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS: [Describe the impacts on GRP budgeting that are expected from this proposal. Estimate total expenses or income expected from adoption of the proposal. If this proposal will be funded through an item that it already in the GRP budget, so note. Note that any appropriation required by this proposal must be included in the TEXT OF PROPOSAL section.]
- REFERENCES AND ATTACHMENTS: [Provide references (with hyperlinks if possible) that assist StateCom in understanding and evaluating the proposal. Attach any additional explanatory information here as numbered attachment sections.]
Enter the Proposal Header and Preamble here (then a second text box will appear for entry of the rest of the proposal):
TITLE: Update of GRP Convention Rules SPONSORS: John Andrews and David Keil VETTING COMMITTEES: Convention Planning Committee FLOOR MANAGER: John Andrews SHEPHERD: John Andrews SUMMARY: This proposal updates the GRP Convention Rules as part of preparations for future conventions. BACKGROUND: On September 15, 2020 the GRP Convention Rules were revised to address certain issues associated with the first ever virtual convention. In addition, some “anti-takeover” provisions were added to protect against any attempted hijacking of the meeting by persons not associated with the Green-Rainbow Party. As a result of our experience at the convention, and a result of further discussions, a number of tweaks to the rules seem worthwhile. This revised set of rules contains those tweaks. We feel that it makes sense to approve this document now while the convention is fresh in our minds and we have time for discussion. This avoids hitting pre-convention deadlines in 2021 without having made any updates to the rules. It is understood that this is a preliminary update and that State Committee will consider either confirming these changes or making additional revisions as the 2021 convention date approaches. TEXT OF PROPOSAL 1) The revised GRP Convention Rules as posted here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c-2iS5KsLwQydqMomkavzYOKtV8k-I3o/view?usp=sharing and as amended by friendly amendments at this meeting shall replace any prior versions of the convention rules. (Note: Due to their length, the rules are not pasted into the proposal form on the GRP website. Anyone who cannot access the online text should write to the floor manager to receive an email copy. The online copy will reflect the latest friendly amendments and corrections so it is preferred to any email copy which is correct only as of the revision date specified in the file.) 2) We confirm that the revision of convention rules can be brought to State Committee as a matter of urgent business and does not require a submission via the proposals process. This proposal is written only to provide an orderly method of revising the rules in several steps. 3) State Committee agrees to place these Convention Rules on its agenda prior to the 2021 convention in order to see if any further revisions are desired. IMPLEMENTATION: If adopted, the text shall replace all prior versions of the GRP Convention Rules. FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS: None