- March 6th, (four weeks beforehand) - Proposal submissions due.
- March 31st, 9 am Comments and Vetting Close.
- April 1st, 9 am Amendments Close.
- April 2nd, 9 pm Rankings Close.
Please enter your proposals below, including:
PROPOSAL HEADER AND PREAMBLE
- TITLE: [Provide a short, descriptive title for the proposal.]
- SPONSORS: [List the sponsors of the proposal. Proposals must be sponsored by two StateCom members or a local chapter.]
- VETTING COMMITTEES: [List the working committees that the sponsor feels are relevant to the vetting of this proposal.]
- FLOOR MANAGER: [List the name and contact information for one person who will manage the process for this proposal. This person will be the single point of contact for receiving comments on the proposal and providing decisions such as whether to accept a friendly amendment. They must be in attendance at the StateCom meeting when the proposal is under consideration.]
- SHEPHERD: List one person who will serve as “shepherd” to monitor the implementation of the proposal after it is adopted.
- SUMMARY: [Provide a short (40 word) summary of the purpose and implications of the proposal.]
- BACKGROUND: [Provide the basic background on the proposal. What will it accomplish? Why is it written with these particular provisions? Is it critical that it be adopted?]
- TEXT OF PROPOSAL: [Provide the exact text that will be implemented if StateCom adopts the proposal. If funds are being appropriated, specify that here. Note that text that appears elsewhere in the proposal will NOT be officially adopted when StateCom votes on the proposal.]
- IMPLEMENTATION: [List the persons or committees that must act to implement the proposal. What do they have to do and what are their deadlines for action? This helps StateCom assess whether the party has the staff and volunteer resources to implement the proposal. It also alerts those persons who will be asked to act if the proposal is adopted. ]]
- FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS: [Describe the impacts on GRP budgeting that are expected from this proposal. Estimate total expenses or income expected from adoption of the proposal. If this proposal will be funded through an item that it already in the GRP budget, so note. Note that any appropriation required by this proposal must be included in the TEXT OF PROPOSAL section.]
- REFERENCES AND ATTACHMENTS: [Provide references (with hyperlinks if possible) that assist StateCom in understanding and evaluating the proposal. Attach any additional explanatory information here as numbered attachment sections.]
Enter the Proposal Header and Preamble here (then a second text box will appear for entry of the rest of the proposal):
Sponsors: Lois Gagnon and Eileen Wheeler Sheehan
Vetting Committees: AdCom and ComCom
Floor Manager: Lois Gagnon [email protected] 413-813-8321
Shepherd: Eileen Wheeler Sheehan
Summary: The purpose of this proposal is for the GRP to recognize that the war in Ukraine began with the US backed Maiden coup in 2014 and not on February 24, 2022. This is important to acknowledge as around 14,000 people have been killed in the Eastern Provinces to date. We should not be mislead by the corporate media that US militarist provocations on Russia's border had nothing to do with it's decision to intervene. Being informed about how long this conflict has been raging will help the GRP to be better prepared to communicate with the public on this very dangerous situation.
Background: The true beginning of hostilities in Ukraine happened 8 years ago. This is not when Westerners in the US and Europe have been told it began. It matters because thousands of innocent lives have been lost during those 8 years. Those lives matter as much as the lives being lost in the rest of Ukraine today. The adoption of this proposal will be an acknowledgement of the war on the people of the Donbass Region who are mostly of Russian descent. The provisions in this proposal will ensure the Green-Rainbow Party remains true to it's value of nonviolence by holding all parties in the conflict responsible for lives lost.
Text of Proposal: The Green-Rainbow Party acknowledges that the war in Ukraine began with the violent US backed Maiden coup in 2014 using $5billion in US taxpayer money, that has led to the deaths of an estimated 14,000 people in the Eastern Provinces. The Green-Rainbow Party holds all governments involved accountable for the loss of life and calls for an immediate ceasefire to stop the killing. The Green-Rainbow Party will do its part to help others understand the importance of recognizing the full 8 year history of the war in Ukraine.
Implementation: ComCom will post the proposal in its monthly newsletter and refer to it as needed to clarify the party's understanding of the conflict. Deadline: the next newsletter after Spring 2022 StateCom. AdCom will implement this acknowledgement of the war in Ukraine having begun in 2014 in its communications where appropriate.
There are no expected financial implications with this proposal.
An early warning from the late Robert Parry at Consortium News. https://consortiumnews.com/2022/02/28/robert-parry-playing-chicken-with-nuclear-war-over-ukraine/ A chronology of the war in Ukraine: https://consortiumnews.com/2022/02/27/watch-the-war-in-ukraine/