April 11th 7pm Greater Boston Chapter meeting



TUESDAY, 4/11/17

South End Technology Center

359 Columbus Av., South End, Boston

(Around the corner from Back Bay T Station and a parking lot-$10)

7-9 PM

Please let us know if you need special accommodations to attend the meeting.

Below is a draft agenda. Please communicate your reactions to this draft. I will send out a proposed agenda this weekend.


Mike Heichman                      [email protected]                617-265-8143



I.               Brief Introductions (7:00-7:05)


II.             Quick Items at the Beginning of the Meeting (7:05-7:20)


A.   Approve the Agenda

B.    Select a Facilitator, Recorder and Timekeeper for the meeting

C.    Approval Minutes of 2/14 AND 3/21 Meetings (see below)

D.   Because of the many new members who have joined us recently, a brief explanation of how the chapter makes decisions


III.           Reports/Next Steps (7:20-8:00)


A.   Next steps in working in support of immigrant communities

B.    MA Safe Communities Act-report of actions taken and next steps

C.    Event to publicize Mel King’s book, “Chain of Change”

D.   Public Bank Report and next steps

E.    Fracked Gas Lines Protest Report and next steps

F.    GRP State Committee Report and Upcoming GRP Convention


IV.           How do we build the membership of our chapter?  (8:00-8:20)


V.             Election of GBC officers (From the GBC By-Laws) (8:20--8:35)

Article V -- Officers, Responsibilities, Committees

A. Strong efforts will be made to encourage diversity in the selection of officers.

B. Officers will include:

     1. Female and Male Co-Chairs

     2. Treasurer, Secretary, or combination thereof

     3. Any other officers the chapter chooses to select

C. The duties and responsibilities of each officer will be determined before the election.

D. Efforts will be made to rotate tasks (facilitators of the meetings, recorders, timekeepers, etc.)

E. Length of term, not to exceed one year, will be determined for each office before the election. Officers may be elected for two consecutive terms.

F. Officers can be recalled at any meeting, following giving the officer an opportunity to respond in executive session to concerns or charges. A vote of at least 2/3rds of those present is necessary to remove an officer.


VI.           Continued discussion of GBC Program for 2017 (IF WE HAVE TIME)


A.   What should be the chapter’s work—your ideas and proposals


B.    Proposal A from Mike Heichman: GBC Meetings


1.     There will be GBC meetings twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays.

2.     As much as possible, the chapter will create meetings and events that will be of interest to GBC members and to others in the progressive community.


C.    Proposal B from Mike Heichman


Our major work in 2017 will be to join with others and build the Resistance Movement against oppression, austerity, militarism, fascism, empire and ecocide and to promote a compelling vision for “People, Planet and Peace”.


1.     We will create a new GBC recruitment leaflet. This will briefly explain our analysis, our challenge to the system and the duopoly that supports it, our vision and an invitation to those who share our values and principles to join us.


2.     In Greater Boston, we will participate in as many organizations and events as we can. We will wear our GRP buttons, our GRP T-shirt and pass out our GBC and other GRP literature. We will share our political perspective and will learn from others who are participating in the Resistance Movement. The capital city of Boston will be our primary focus, especially in areas dominated by people of color and low-income people.


3.     With the hopes and expectation that more new people will join our chapter, we will focus more of our monthly meetings on internal education and support.

VI. End of Meeting Tasks (8:50-9:00)


A.   Announcements


B.    Next Scheduled Meeting  (Ask Mel)


C.    Evaluation of the Meeting (Strengths and Ways to Improve)


D.    Adjournment and Clean-Up


---------------------------                  -------------                   ------------------------


2017 Feb 14th Green-Rainbow party Greater Boston Chapter meeting notes - DRAFT


Present: Kenneth, Mike H.(facilitator), Matt A., Bil L., Elie Y., Brian C(notes). Caleb, David R. Wagnor, Mel K., Dan K.


Proposed agenda adopted.


Topics discussed:

Boston Inaugural protest

DC Inaugural protest

MA Public Bank bill


Proposal Passed: GBC endorses May 1st action by Cosecha & Mayday coalition

Postponed: Officer elections

Discussion: Future Work of Chapter, Party.

Proposal Passed: Elie Y represents GBC at Adcom.

David Rolde will do monthly facebook event page for GBC

Proposal Passed: Book Event: Mel K’s ‘Chain of Change’ (On committee: MH, MK, DK)



4:30pm Wed Feb 22nd Gareth Porter 11 Garden st. Cambridge, 1st (Baptist?) Church

Thursday, Curry center protest

6:30p Thurs Feb 16th 25 Cummins Hwy., Roslindale, Roslindale is for Everyone.

Wagner got article into JP Gazette.

Friday Mass College of Art Standing Rock movie

Feb 23rd Artist: Frank Hakkim-Raquim at  BHCC





GBC MEETINGON 3/21/17--Draft Minutes


Present: Ben (recorder), Joshua, Wagner, Dan, David R, Kenneth, Mike (facilitator), Mel, and Elie


I.               Reports/Next Steps


A.   Next steps in working in support of immigrant communities


1.     Mike read a report sent by Matt.

2.     Mel said that we should say, “new neighbors”.

3.     Let’s endorse the May Day Demo at our next meeting.


B.    MA Safe Communities Act-report of actions taken and next steps


1.     Mike made a report.

2.     Let’s keep track and see if we can attend and testify at a public hearing.

3.     Elie thought that it was very important for our members to testify at public hearings.

(Note: Quorum obtained at 7:45 PM)


C.    Event to publicize Mel King’s book, “Chain of Change”


1.     Mel proposed that we participate in an upcoming event promoting this book with another organization.

2.     The chapter agreed to co-sponsor the event at Northeastern U.


D.   Public Bank Report and next steps


1.     Wagner reported about an upcoming event with Ellen Brown (speaker) at Encuentro 5, 5 PM.


II.             Continued discussion of GBC Program


A.    Wagner proposal: Would the GRP consider endorsing Tito Jackson, or rather meet with him to drill him on his positions before considering endorsement?


1. A long discussion did not lead to a decision


III.           Ajamu Baraka, the Green Party’s VP candidate, will be coming to MA around 5/13 and 5/14. Ben, David, Dan and Mike formed a committee to see if we could bring him to an event in Boston.


IV.           We had a discussion at the end of the meeting about the need to grow our chapter. We will discuss this in greater detail at our next chapter meeting on Tuesday, 5/09.



  • April 11, 2017 at 7:00pm – 10pm
  • South End Tech Center, Back Bay, Boston.
    359 columbus Ave
    Boston, MA 02116
    United States
    Google map and directions
  • 1 person is going
  • Mike Heichman
Brian Cady

Who's RSVPing

Brian Cady

Will you come?

Showing 1 reaction

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.
  • Brian Cady
    rsvped 2017-04-03 13:56:18 -0400