9:00 Registration & Credentialing / Refreshments
9:30 Call To Order, Co-Chairs' Welcome
9:40 Secretary’s confirmation of quorum, Identify and Confirm Timekeeper,
Vibes Watcher, Stacker, and Parliamentarian, seating alternates if needed,
elect new statecom members if any.
10:00 Approve the day’s agenda. PLEASE REVIEW AND COMMENT AHEAD OF
10:10 Selection of Winter 2017 State Committee Location, Date and Co-Facilitators (available sat/sun in January: 7/8, 14/15 - MlK 15/16, 21/22 (Inauguration Day is the 20th), and 28/29)
10:15 Approval of Summer 2016 State Committee Meeting Minutes PLEASE REVIEW
THE DRAFT, ANY POSTED COMMENTS, AND MAKE COMMENTS ONLINE
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
10:25 Elect Diversity Representatives to AdCom
Approve new chapter representatives to AdCom (if needed)
Appoint members to GPUS committees (if needed)
10:35 Reports from officers (co-chairs, treasurer, secretary)
11:00 Reports from Committees
- Candidate Development & Legal
- Communications & Media
- Convention Planning
- Fundraising & Finance
- Membership, Diversity & Volunteer Recruitment
- report from GPUS national committee
- Action Committee
- Legislative Committee
11:50 Approval Convention Date & Location
May 13 in Worcester
12:30-2:00pm Stand out at Route 9 bridge over CT river.
2:00pm -3:30pm breakout into two sessions.
1) learning more about using nation builder - Ian and Brian would run that session, which would likely not take the entire 1.5 hours, so those in this session would be able to join session 2 when we are done. .
2) campaign goals and plans for the near term (coming 4-6 weeks). Then, what do we do with the energy we are getting from the election? Campaign school? Convention in May? What can/should we be doing to keep the party growing? Run by Massachusetts volunteer coordinator Jamie Guerin and GRP co chair Darlene Elias.
***Can we get someone from CDLC to help field questions about running for office, since that is likely to come up? (Encouraging folks to run for local office - Make sure folks know when their town's elections are, many are in the April-June time frame rather than November.)
3:30pm - chapter reports and round robin
4pm - adjourn and join national teleconference
Showing 13 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter
If someone wants to draft text, it would be welcome. The text should reflect the GRP reason for the position.
As far the question about farm regulation, the state committee seemed divided on the regulation on the farms to make animal’s confinement better and costs to the poor in addition to effect on farmers. Do you see away forward? Remember this a question drafted b by someone else.
Structure for Volunteer Coordination