Candidate Development and Legal Comm Candidates Report
January 7, 2017
CDLC currently has 4 members: Charlene DiCalogero, Nat Fortune (co-chair), Maureen Doyle, Jonathan Martin. We are in need of 1 to 3 new members to replace a long-time member who resigned in November 2016.
Thirteen (13) candidates are considering running in the next two years for local, state or federal office.
Of the 26 additional names in our “current prospectives sheet”:
Three (3) have just run a campaign, and we do not know what their future plans are.
Six (6) are potential recruits to be a GRP candidate, who have had previous experience in running or serving in public office, or in some other way are thought to be potential prospects.
Some may be unreachable and will probably be reassigned to our inactive list in the next quarter.
We believe the following are currently in elected or appointed office as GRP:
Name Next election Level/Position Town Chapter if known
- Moss Bryan 5/2018 Local Town Meeting Shrewsbury NRGR
- Garrett Gail 5/2018 Local Select Board Mt Washington
- Larner Tar 3/2019 Local Housing Board Concord AVGR
- Jespersen Damon 5/2017 Local Select Board Newbury (Byfield)
- Merelice M K 5/2019 Local Town Meeting Brookline GBC
- Steeves Gus 6/2017 Local Town Council Southbridge
- Flower Cedric Local Housing Auth Charlton
- Gatti Frank Local Town Meeting Amherst
- O'Connor Vincent Local Town Meeting Amherst
- Doyle Maureen Local Conservation Comm Southbridge
Charlene DiCalogero, co-chair