Saturday August 17 2019
29th Annual Latin American Festiival
Worcester City Hall and Common
Noon to 9pm
Hey Greens, get out there with AARP and Centro
At the Latin American Festival Saturday, August 17 2019.
This is located at the Worcester city Hall and common.
This event runs from noon until
September 2, 2019
Come to the 35th Annual Bread and Roses Heritage Festival!!
The Festival features, as part of its historical and labor exhibits, Lawrence History Live! and the Community Forum, a place for discussion of labor, industrial heritage, education, and other community issues. Lawrence History Live! presents its 10th edition after having been created by Linda and Jurg Siegenthaler in 2008.
Within the Lawrence History Live! tent, we'll have seating and a platform where historians, writers, union representatives, and community activists will present their insights on Lawrence's history and present. In a question-and-answer format, festival visitors will be able to participate in what will be an exciting encounter with the past and with society today.
Again this year, there will be a second speaker's venue at the Community Corner, adjacent to our history and labor section. A soap box is also provided.
So, there is plenty to take in! Get involved, learn, and enjoy!
Join in the Climate Strike!
We need to address our survival. Get out, make noise make people pay attention.
The adult generations have promised to stop the climate crisis,
but they have skipped their homework year after year.
Climate strike is a wake-up call to our own generation.
And it is the start of a network that will solve the greatest challenge in human history.
Upcoming dates include a Youth-led Strike 9/20/2019
and a Global Climate Strike 9/27/2019
We need your hands and hearts and smarts!
POWER UP GREEN 2019!
The Annual National Meeting of U.S. Greens and allies
Salem State University, Salem, MA, July 25 – July 28
Greens are surging around the world, calling for urgent
climate action, social justice, peace and democracy.
In the US, we're are not only changing the debate, we’re winning it with an emergency Green New Deal & the right to a job, Free Public Higher Education, Student Debt Bailout, Medicare for All, Racial & Migrant Justice & Ranked Choice Voting to break the stranglehold of the parties of war & Wall Street!
Come build the only party that will solve the climate AND student debt
crises, and halt wars without end, empire and colonialism!
Sign up for the National Meeting at https://salem.gp.org/
Register, Reserve a room, Buy meal tickets.
For reduced rate, go to https://www.gp.org/2019_anm_reduced_registration
Hear comedian Lee Camp & other headiners TBA. Meet presidential candidates. Expand your
Tskills. Be empowered & inspired with exciting workshops, speakers and music. Build connections
& prepare to lead the charge for a community & a world that works for all of us!
Other useful information about the ANM through the link below
State Committee Summer Meeting
This July, after the fireworks, come to scenic western Mass for the Summer State Committee Meeting of the Green-Rainbow Party in Greenfield, MA on Sunday July 14, 2019. The meeting will be held in the Whiteman room in the Episcopal Church of Saints James and Andrew, 8 Church Street, Greenfield MA 01301.
We will be in the competent hands of Linda Thompson and Elie Yarden this time as they co-facilitate this one.
Green-Rainbow Party Summer State Committee Meeting
Sunday, July 14, 2019 9am at the Episcopal church of Saints James and Andrew.
Attend the 2019 GRP Party Convention 5/18
Join the uprising for an American & World political party that works for all of us! Build on MLK’s struggle to stop the triple evils of militarism, racism and unbridled materialism at the grass-roots level. All are welcome!
Help Craft a Green New Deal for Peace, Justice and Democracy
It's time to end dark money, corporate and special interest influence in politics. Let's address the critical issues (income inequality, systemic racism, renewable energy, etc.) that have long been neglected by the current two-party system. It is up to the Green--Rainbow Party candidates and members to take on real issues and make change happen today!
60% of Americans nationwide say that we need a third party and only 25% say that a two-party system suits their need
We won major party status in the 2018 elections!
What We Stand For: The Four Pillars of the GRP Movement
Green parties recognize four fundamental principles or pillars which support our 10 key values: Ecological Wisdom, Democratic Governance, Social Justice, and Non-Violence
- Ecological Wisdom - understanding that humans are part of nature, not separate from nature, and are limited by the resources of our communities and the planet--that everything is inter-connnected.
- Grassroots Democracy - managing our common affairs with the participation of all in the community in accordance with the nature of each, while working to assure the effectiveness of our institutions and to build the capacity of each person to play appropriate roles in the community.
- Social Justice and Equal Opportunity - working for a society in which all persons, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, religion, or physical or mental ability, will have the opportunity to benefit equally from the resources afforded us by society and the environment.
- Non-violence - promoting non-violent methods to oppose policies and practices with which we disagree and seeking to eliminate weapons and behaviors which can cause destruction of life on Earth.
If you share these values, please join us!
Want to make a difference? There are so many ways to get involved:
- Get involved with one of our local chapters.
- Serve with your nearest chapter or a working committee.
- Check out our working committees.
- Run for office, under the banner of the Green-Rainbow Party.
- Start a new local chapter, town committee or ward committee.